SUNDAY, May 3rd, 2015 | 8:30 AM | Lot next to Expo Center
A portion of the proceeds will also benefit the Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks, a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide resources and support for local individuals and families impacted by breast cancer.
- Individuals $90 or Teams of Four $295 if you register by February 15
- Individuals $100 or Teams of Four $330 if you register between Feb 16 – Mar 31
- Individuals $110 or Teams of Four $350 if you register April 1 – May 1
- Individuals $115 or Teams of Four $370 if you register on event day (we will accept cash, check and major credit cards on site)
- 25% discount for veterans, active or retired military/police/fire (promotion code Heros2015)
- 25% discount for MSU students (promotion code STUDY2015)
- No refunds for any reason. No exceptions.
All persons under 18 must print out a participation waiver, have it signed by a parent or guardian and bring it to registration in order to receive their race bib and timer. Download Participation Waiver
There are a variety of ways to sponsor, from naming customized obstacles, to cash donations, to donations in kind. If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please email email@example.com.
We'd like to thank all of our 2014 sponsors:
Do you want to play an important role in the S.U.C.? We need volunteers to make the event happen. From giving route directions to manning hydration stations, we need your help to make it a success. For helping out we will provide you with an official S.U.C. t-shirt as well as give you breakfast before the race.
If you are interested in volunteering, or need more information, send name, age, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com
What do I need to know for the day of the event?
Report between 7:00 and 9:00 AM at the event tent next to the Expo Center.
You will receive a foot tag timer.
You will receive a bib that enables us to easily identify you as a participant.
Please bring your Participation Waiver if you are under 18 with your guardians signature.
Please bring your military, fire, police or Missouri State University student ID if you registered as one of these and received the discount. Failure to bring this ID with you will result in your payment of discount difference on site.
Face paint will also be available.
IPods, iPhones and other mobile devices are prohibited.
What facilities/services are available at the event?
Questions: Head to the event tent near Expo Center.
Buy Things: There will be sponsor booths set up and concessions available, so we recommend you bring cash. Cards may not be accepted at vendor booths.
Bag Drop: There will not be a bag drop area for this event. Start and Finish for this event are in the same location.
Restrooms: Portable toilets for participants and spectators are located near the Start/Finish and half way through the course.
What should I expect the course to be like?
Note: Due to weather conditions, it is possible that the course may change and that some obstacles may be altered or removed completely.
Safety Warning: The course will be very difficult and potentially dangerous. If you do not feel comfortable finishing any obstacle, DO NOT attempt it; simply asked to be marked and continue on to the next obstacle. While safety should be your main concern, if you skip more than one obstacle you will not be eligible for awards.
Course Sweep: At 12:30 pm, all participants who have not reached the ½ way mark will be escorted off the course.
Hydration Stations: There will be drinking water at four different locations throughout the course and another at the finish. Participants are encouraged to supplement this with personal hydration systems as well. Be sure to drink A LOT of water before the start.
Download the Course Map
What can I expect the obstacles to be like?
There will be over a dozen obstacles on this 12K+ run and they will involve low crawl, wall climbs, pole balance beams, pretty long 1+ mile intervals of running, running a large amount of stairs, and carrying heavy weights. All of the obstacles surround Springfield landmarks and one of the coolest ones is the 1+ mile long run through the downtown underground tunnel.
What happens if I cannot complete an obstacle?
Racers are free to work together to complete any of the obstacles. If you do not feel comfortable finishing an obstacle, DO NOT attempt it; simply ask race staff to explain the alternate event (Burpees / pushups / etc.) and continue on to the next obstacle. While safety should be your main concern, if you skip any obstacles and / or do not complete the alternate event, you will not be eligible for awards. Race staff will be enforcing this rule on race day.
Is this a timed event?
- Yes, this event is timed. You will receive both a bib and a foot tag timer in your packet
- Start times will be staggered and your start time will align accordingly
- You may not compete as an individual AND a team
- The following winners will be acknowledged at the close of the event:
- 15-19: 1st, 2nd and 3rd both Male and Female
- 20-29: 1st, 2nd and 3rd both Male and Female
- 30-39: 1st, 2nd and 3rd both Male and Female
- 40-49: 1st, 2nd and 3rd both Male and Female
- 50-59: 1st, 2nd and 3rd both Male and Female
- 60 +: 1st, 2nd and 3rd both Male and Female
- Overall both Male and Female
- Overall Masters (40+) both Male and Female
- Team 1st, 2nd and 3rd
- Team Masters (average age of the four team members must be 40+)
How many people on a team?
Four people per team. We will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd place to fastest teams, as well as 1st place to the fastest team Masters (average age of the four Masters team members must be 40+)
Why are iPods and other portable media devices prohibited?
iPods/portable media devices are strictly prohibited because of the unique urban makeup of this event. The obstacles involve jumping, crawling and climbing and thus lend themselves to headphone cord snags and dropped devices that result in back-ups and run-ins. This rule has been set to protect all involved parties from injury. Race staff will be aggressively enforcing this rule on race day.
Where do I park and how do I get there?
Directions to Hammons Field
- From Kansas City: Take Hwy 71 South to Hwy 7 South toward Clinton. Hwy 7 continues onto Hwy 13. Hwy 13 becomes Kansas Expressway within Springfield city limits. Continue south on Kansas Expressway. Go East on Chestnut Expressway. Go South on National Avenue. Then go west on Trafficway Street.
- From St. Louis: Take I-44 West toward Springfield. Take Hwy 65 South. Take Chestnut Expwy exit and head West. Go South on National Avenue. Then go west on Trafficway Street.
- From Tulsa and Northwest Arkansas area: Take I-44 East toward Springfield. Take the Kansas Expressway exit and head South. Go East on Chestnut Expressway. Go South on National Avenue. Then go west on Trafficway Street.
- All city parking lots and garages are available.
- Follow all directions given by on-site parking attendants.
- To avoid back-ups, we strongly encourage all participants/spectators to carpool.
- Cars not parked in designated spaces will be towed. All incurred damages and costs will be at the driver’s expense.
- No cars or vehicles will be allowed to park overnight. Violators will be towed.
- The neighborhoods south of Grand St. require a neighborhood parking permit and violators may be towed.
What local accommodations are available?
The following hotels have generously offered discounts to racers and spectators of the race. Just mention that you’re part of the Springfield Urban-Warrior Challenge when you call to make your reservations.
3370 East Battlefield, Springfield, MO 65804
P: (877) 570-6200 (Mention SUC race when calling for discount)
University Plaza Hotel
333 John Q Hammons Parkway, Springfield, MO 65806
P: (417) 864-7333
Call and mention SUC race or use this direct link to make online reservation: https://bookings.ihotelier.com/University-Plaza-Hotel-and-Convention-Center[...]
2611 N. Glenstone Ave. Springfield, MO, US, 65803
P: (417) 864-3565 (Mention SUC race when calling for discount)
Where do I get my photo after the event?
A photographer will be on site taking photos throughout the course. Pics will be available for purchase and posted on their gallery.
When does registration close?
Registration deadline is Friday, May 1st online. Packet Pick-up and registration will be on Saturday 2 May 2015 from 1:00 - 4:00 PM at Plaster Stadium entrance next to Grand / King Street on MSU.
On Race day 3 May everything will start at 7:00 AM for packet pick-up and registration next to the Springfield Expo Center.
- If you have a question/comment, please first visit FAQs. Still have a question? Then, submit it on the contact form: name, email, question or comment.
- Also check our Facebook and Twitter for new information frequently.
- If you are interested in sponsoring the event, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are interested in participating, register here.
- If you are interested in volunteering, send name, age and phone number to: email@example.com.
- If you are a journalist wanting to cover the event, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.